Applications Open for The Young Leaders Program 2016
Deadline: March 1, 2015 | Views: 31
The Young Leaders Program is a three-year fellowship program for young people (under the age of 30) who are passionate about maternal, sexual, and reproductive health and rights.
Women Deliver works to develop the skills of youth advocates through their online learning communities, seed grant funding, and high-level networking and media opportunities. In addition to being awarded a full scholarship to attend the Women Deliver 2016 Conference on 16-19 May 2016 in Copenhagen, Denmark, Young Leaders will also have the opportunity to:
- Participate in capacity-building e-learning opportunities that cover sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, advocacy, communications, proposal writing, project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Apply for seed grant funding to implement a community-based project.
- Make connections with a wide range of people working in the field, including high-level policymakers, donors, and journalists.
- Join a network of former and current Young Leaders as well as professional mentors to increase advocacy around sexual and reproductive health and rights in their home countries.
- Attend a two-day youth pre-conference workshop on advocacy around maternal health, with a focus on communications and new technologies, and serve as a youth representative at the conference.
While the total time required to fully participate in the Young Leaders Program depends on the individual, Young Leaders should expect to commit an average of up to 10 hours per week.
Please note that a passport and visa may be needed to enter Denmark. Women Deliver will cover the costs of obtaining the visa and provide supporting documentation, if needed.http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/applications-open-for-the-young-leaders-program-2016http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/women-delivert.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/women-delivert-300x300.jpgFellowshipsConference,Women,Young Leaders Program,Youth