Applications open for the German Chancellor Fellowships for Tomorrow’s Leaders
Deadline: September 15, 2016 | Views: 8,581
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation is currently accepting applications for its German Chancellor Fellowships Programme with a motive to explore new solutions to the global issues.
The fellowships give them the opportunity to spend a year in Germany networking with other prospective leaders from abroad.
- Public administration;
- Society and culture.
- Applicant must be a national of the below mentioned countries.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent academic degree completed less than twelve years before the beginning of the fellowship.
- Initial proven leadership experience; applicants with a preponderantly academic background should have acquired initial leadership experience in addition to their own research activity.
- German or English language skills;
- a letter of motivation (approx. 2 pages);
- a project plan (approx. 3 pages); candidates must draw up their project plan independently and discuss it with their intended host prior to application;
- a detailed statement, including confirmation of supervision, by the host in Germany;
- two references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and/or academic background.
- Potential applicants who have been in Germany for more than six months immediately prior to the application deadline may not apply.
- Potential applicants who have already been sponsored by the Humboldt Foundation are not eligible to apply for one of the Foundation’s other fellowships but should seek support for a further stay in Germany from the Foundation’s Alumni Programme.
- The fellowship grant amounts to 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR per month, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.
- The fellowship also includes a mobility allowance as well as a contribution to health and liability insurance.
- Allowance for research costs amounting to 500 EUR per month for the hosts in Germany.
- Lump sum for the fellow’s travel to and from Germany if these costs are not borne by a third party.
- Allowances for family members accompanying the fellow to Germany for a minimum of three months (up to 326 EUR a month for marital partners and up to 234 EUR a month for each child).
- German courses in the fellow’s own country prior to the stay in Germany as well as during the stay in Germany to intensify the knowledge of German acquired during the intensive language course.
- Europe allowance for a stay of one to two months at an institute in Europe (not, however, in the fellow’s own country) if such a stay is necessary to conduct the project in question.
- Extensive alumni sponsorship after the stay in Germany has been completed successfully, in particular, to promote networking with the collaborative partners in Germany during the alumni’s entire professional careers
Eligible Countries: United States, the Russian Federation, The People’s Republic of China, Brazil or India.
Applicants must apply online via given website.
Please consult the Programme Information (PDF) for details of the application requirements and fellowship specifications.
The Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany is the patron of this fellowship programme. The Foundation grants up to 50 German Chancellor Fellowships annually – up to ten for each country. The closing date for applications is 15 September 2016.
http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/applications-open-for-the-german-chancellor-fellowships-for-tomorrows-leaders-in-germanyhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/German-Chancellor-Fellowships-for-Tomorrow’s-Leaders.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/German-Chancellor-Fellowships-for-Tomorrow’s-Leaders-150x150.jpgFellowshipsAlexander von Humboldt Foundation,Fully Funded,German Chancellor Fellowships,Humboldt Foundation Fellowship,Tomorrow’s Leaders Fellowships