Applications Open for Peace Revolution Fellowship 2015 in Belgium
Deadline: May 1, 2015 | Views: 88
Location: Lede, Belgium.
Date: August 30 – September 5, 2015
We’re happy to announce that you can now apply for the 6th Peace Revolution European Fellowship entitled “Peace In + Peace Out = Sustainable World Peace” The event will bring together 40 young people from all over Europe, who are interested in learning and exploring self-development as a primary means to create real world change. The week-long (including arrival and departure) retreat aims to promote a culture of peace, to bring forward aspects of peace education and youth empowerment, and to teach how to implement the practice of mindfulness on a day to day basis through the primary means of meditation and self-development.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication and peace-building that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To explore meditation as a practice which can develop tools to deal with challenges within peace-building and youth work.
- To explore the idea that self-development is a core foundation of world change and helping others.
- To understand that cultivating inner qualities can be the foundation of creating compassion in society which leads to more benevolence and understanding within conflict situations.
- To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
- To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
- To build on participants’ progress after having participated in the online self-development program.
- To empower youth workers and to offer the space for them to create ideas to implement activities and events in their own communities.
What is covered by Peace Revolution:
- Retreat fee
- Welcome kit
Participants are expected to cover the travel costs from their countries to the retreat place. However, a small amount of sponsorship is available in special cases*, as we are doing our best to be as inclusive as possible.
*to be eligible for sponsorship, participant must:
- Be between the ages of 18-30
- Present a reasoned motivation letter
- Preferably young adults between the ages of 18-30. More mature participants are welcome as well.
- Must be from European Member states (EFTA COUNTRIES/ EEA MEMBER STATES, EU MEMBER STATES PRE-ACCESSION COUNTRIES) or hold a Schengen visa. We cannot provide any visa related documents.
- Candidates should be fully self-supportive for the transportation to the retreat site.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
- Candidates should be optimistic, be open-minded, show leadership potential, and have a genuine interest in peace.