Applications Open for JAUW International Fellowship 2016
Deadline: March 31, 2016 | Views: 165
Type: Fully Funded
The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is accepting fellowship applications from women students/researchers to study or conduct research at any of the host institutions in Japan. The 2016 JAUW International Fellowship Program offers core funding to pursue the ongoing study/research.
・ Up to two fellowships will be awarded under this Program.
・ The amount of grant will range from ¥700,000 to ¥1,000,000 per grantee. The duration of your stay in
Japan and various other factors will be taken into consideration in deciding the total amount of grant.
・ This grant is for 5 to 6 months between September 2016 and March 2017, depending on your proposal.
・ One third of the total amount will be paid at the time of your arrival in Japan. The rest will normally be
paid within 40 days after the initial payment. However, the latter amount (i.e. two thirds of the total)
may be payable in two or three installments, depending on circumstances surrounding the grantee in
- You are a woman of any nationality but other than Japanese, living outside Japan at the time of application.
- You have received a Master’s degree or its equivalent, and presently work outside academia, or you are a student/researcher higher than MA /its equivalent level (typically of pre-doctoral or dissertation level). Postdoctoral researchers may apply but they may be placed lower in priority.
- You have to find a host university or institution in Japan by yourself, and have to submit, at the time of application, a Letter of Acceptance from that host or from your prospective supervisor thereof. JAUW will not extend any help regarding this matter.
- You have to explain in your proposal why you have to come to stay in Japan to pursue your ongoing study or research.
- You have to state clearly in your proposal how and in what aspect you will contribute to your home country through your study/ research in Japan.
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 1 (Personal Data) (You have to use the form downloadable.)
- 5 copies of Application Form Part 2 (Proposal & Related Data) (You have to use the form downloadable.)
- 3 letters of Recommendation.(⇒ Each letter should be signed by the writer and enclosed in a sealed and signed envelope
- a letter of acceptance/confirmation/ invitation (referred to as a letter of acceptance), written by your host supervisor or partner depending upon your status in the proposed place of your study/research in Japan.
- a medical certificate of health issued by a qualified medical doctor stating in English that you are healthy enough to conduct your study in Japan for the proposed period
- 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm photo of yourself
Application forms are available here.
・ All the Application documents must be typed in English written, and/or if written in any other language(s), will not be reviewed.
・ Please be sure that all the Application documents inclusive of the recommendation letters, the acceptance letter and the medical certificate must be Postal address ).
・ Applications must be submitted by March 31, 2016.
Type: Fully Funded The Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is accepting fellowship applications from women students/researchers to study or conduct research at any of the host institutions in Japan. The 2016 JAUW International Fellowship Program offers core funding to pursue the ongoing study/research. Terms: ・ Up to two fellowships will be...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities