Applications Open for Grameen Foundation Fellowships 2015
Deadline: March 1, 2015 | Views: 10
The Grameen Foundation Fellowship is a unique opportunity for talented business and technology professionals to gain in-depth, hands-on field experience in the social sector. Each 12-month field placement is individually tailored to match your skills and interests with the needs of Grameen Foundation and its partners around the world.
During their year in the field, our Fellows work with some of the brightest minds in social innovation on projects designed to accelerate the impact, scale and sustainability of some of the world’s most promising organizations committed to alleviating global poverty. All Fellows receive monthly stipends, group orientation, and ongoing professional development training.
Each Grameen Foundation Fellowship Class is different, as placements are driven by demands on the ground. Typically, strong Fellowship candidates have experience in strategy or management consulting and/or have worked in global business or in start-up environments. Since most placements will be with Grameen Foundation teams, we also look for expertise in the areas of financial services, health, agriculture, mobile technology, and social entrepreneurship. Fellowship placements will likely be in Africa (particularly Uganda, Ghana, and Kenya), Latin America (particularly Colombia and Nicaragua), Asia (particularly India and the Philippines), and the Middle East.
Candidates are requested to complete a general application for the Grameen Foundation Fellowship Program and will be considered for opportunities that match their skills and interests.
The application Process:
Visit the official website and download the application form. You will be required to answer the following questions:
- Why are you applying for a Grameen Foundation Fellowship?
- How do you envision this Fellowship experience aligning with your short-term and long-
term career goals?
- Please describe any experience in international development and/or emerging markets, including volunteer projects.
- Please describe your approach to solving complex problems and decision-making.
- How do you foresee working with a team whose members are from various cultures and located in various countries?
- What is your competitive advantage – your “unique value proposition?” What characteristics, skills, and experience will you bring to the Fellowship?
All application information must be submitted via the online form including: the short-essay responses, an up-to-date resume, and two professional references. In addition, applicants must complete the Submission Form to be found at the official website.http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/applications-open-for-grameen-foundation-fellowships-2015http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Capture.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Capture-300x300.jpgFellowships