Applications Open for African Women’s Public Service Fellowship
Deadline: December 15, 2016 | Views: 1,870
Applicants are invited to apply for African Women’s Public Service Fellowship, made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation, expand the opportunity for African women to impact for public service in their home countries.
Fellowship recipients commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
- Citizen and resident in an African country at the time of application;
- Strong academic record;
- Demonstrated commitment to public service;
- A NYU Wagner education would significantly enhance their ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in their home country and region country and region.
The Fellowship provides full tuition, fees, housing or a housing stipend (if enrolling in the Global EMPA program), travel to and from the United States, and a small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
- Applicants can submit their applications essay along with their applications online via the given website.
- Applicants must also submit the one-minute video essay in order to be considered for fellows.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/applications-open-for-african-womens-public-service-fellowshiphttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/African-Women’s-Public-Service-Fellowship.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/African-Women’s-Public-Service-Fellowship-150x150.jpgFellowships