AKS Graduate Fellowship 2015 for International Students in South Korea
Deadline: November 24, 2014 | Views: 14
Location: South Korea.
Type: Fully Funded.
Date: 1 March 2015 to 31 August 2015 or from 1 September 2015 to 28 February 2016.
The Academy of Korean Studies is inviting applications for graduate fellowship available for international students. It is a non degree program that supports for students for six months, providing them with a momentum to grow to be a next generation of promising scholars in Korean studies and to play a leading role in the field abroad. An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.
International students can apply for this graduate fellowship.
- Nationality: An applicant must be a foreign national or a Korean national who has completed education outside of Korea which is compatible with Korea’s elementary, middle, high school and college education.
- Educational Background: As of the application deadline, applicants must meet one of the following conditions: Applicants are enrolled in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university; Applicants completed coursework and are in the status of ABD (All But Dissertation) in a master’s or a doctoral degree program at an overseas university; Applicants were conferred a master’s degree at an overseas university.
- Residence: As of the application deadline, applicants must reside in a foreign country outside of Korea.
- Research Topic: An applicant’s research topic should pertain to Korea/Korean studies.
AKS will cover:
- Monthly allowance of KRW900, 000 is provided.
- An economy-class round trip airfare at actual expense is provided within the limit prescribed by the GSKS Travel Expenses Policy.
- Access to the AKS facilities including the library and Jangseogak Archives is given.
- On-campus dormitory is available at the rate of KRW716,100 for 6 months, double occupancy.
- Korean language courses are offered free of charge.
- A Certificate of Completion can be issued for those who successfully completed the program.