AFRINIC is Offering Fellowships for the AFRINIC-25 in Mauritius
Deadline: August 28, 2016 | Views: 2,170
Date: November 25 -30, 2016.
Type: Fully Funded.
AFRINIC is offering fellowships for the AFRINIC-25 meeting to be held in Mauritius, 25 – 30 November 2016. The fellowship is reserved for individuals representing small organisations, universities, and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policies in their countries. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
- Should be a resident of Africa;
- Must not necessarily be an AFRINIC member;
- Must not necessarily have a technical background;
- Are willing to help AFRINIC staff onsite;
- Are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country.
Upon selection, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow them seven (7) days to accept or reject the offer. A public announcement of the fellowship awardees will be made after the acceptance by the selected candidates.
- Assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue;
- Hotel accommodation (bed and breakfast) for the AFRINIC Plenary including the AFRINIC trainings to the last day of the event.
If you think you meet the criteria above, please fill in the fellowship application form before 28 August 2016, 00:00 UTC.
The timetable for application process is as follows:
- 03 August 2016: Open Call for fellowship applications;
- 28 August 2016: Close of applications;
- 12 September 2016: Notification to selected fellows;
- 23 September 2016: Deadline for acceptance by awarded fellow;
- 27 September 2016: Final announcement and publication of the fellowship list.
With any related questions on AFRINIC contact: [email protected]