Accepting applications for the 2017 Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program
Deadline: November 21, 2016 | Views: 15,326
Location: South Korea, Vietnam, and USA.
Date: South Korea & Vietnam: April 9-22, 2017, USA: September 10-26, 2017.
The Asia Foundation is releasing a call for applicants for its 2017 Asia Foundation Development Fellows: Emerging Leadership for Asia’s Future program. This will be the fourth cohort of this prestigious program, designed to engage and empower a dynamic community of emerging leaders from all over Asia. The Asia Foundation is a Development Fellows Program in order to enhance leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure for Asian professionals.
The 2017 program will be conducted in South Korea, Vietnam, and USA (San Francisco, New York, and Washington DC) with a flexible small grant award of US $5,000 provided.
- Leadership Training Program
- Workshop on Asian Development
- Leadership Dialogue and Exchange
- Professional Development Award
An award of up to US$5,000 will be made available to each of the selected Asia Foundation Development Fellows.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of high achievement, and must show evidence of outstanding potential for professional advancement, and significant impact in their chosen field;
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise – governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation;
- Have outstanding personal character and integrity;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1 of the fellowship year (year following application deadline);
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries (mentioned below).
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste and, Vietnam.
Please carefully read the Eligibility and Selection criteria above, including frequently asked questions. Download: 2017 Application Guidelines and Instructions (PDF)