AAUW International Fellowship for Women
Deadline: December 1, 2014 | Views: 32
Location: Out side the USA.
Fellowship year: July 1, 2015—June 30, 2016.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) advancing equality for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy, and research is accepting international fellowship applications. The program invites applications from international women/girl students in one year of graduate or postgraduate study in the United States. Women committed to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work are given preference.
Award will be made for master’s/first professional degree, doctoral and postdoctoral level study. Grant amounts for the same are $18,000, $20,000 and $30,000 respectively to cover educational expenses, living expenses, dependent child care, and up to 10% towards travel to professional meetings, conferences or seminars.
Note the Key Dates:
- 1 December 2014 – Application submission deadline.
- 8 December 2014 – Recommendation submission deadline.
- 5 April 2014 – Notification to the applicants on fellowship awards. Fellows and Grantees posted on AAUW’s website.
- 1 July 2015 – 30 June 2016 – Fellowship Year.
Master’s/First Professional Degree fellowships are intended for master’s or professional degree-level programs such as JD, MFA, LLM, M. Arch., or medical degrees such as MD, DDS., etc. Doctoral fellowships are intended for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed. D. Master’s/First Professional Degree and Doctoral applicants must be enrolled in a U.S. accredited institution located in the U.S. during the fellowship year. A limited number of awards are available to IFUW members for study or research in any country other than their own.
- Applicants must be the citizen of country other than the United States. Applicants with dual citizenship are not considered for the fellowship. If the applicant is residing in the USA, s/he must possess a non-immigrant visa.
- Applicants must have completed an academic degree equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree by 30 September 2014.
- Master’s/First Professional Degree and Doctoral applicants must have applied by December 1, 2014, to an accredited institution of study for the period of the fellowship year and must indicate the name of the institution in the International Fellowship application.
- Postdoctoral applicants must provide proof of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate classified as a research degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed. D., DBA, MD) or an MFA by December 1, 2014; and indicate where they will conduct their research.
- Applicants must have intention to devote full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year and be committed to return her home country after completion of the course.
- Applicants must be proficient in English language.
- Previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant (not including branch or local awards or Community Action Grants) are not eligible to apply. Also, AAUW boards, committees, panels, task forces, staff and current interns are ineligible to apply for fellowship and grant awards.
- Master’s/First Professional Degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000