2016 IDEX Global Fellows Programme is Now Open for Applications
Deadline: March 1, 2016 | Views: 139
The Intrapreneur Development Experience (IDEX) is currently accepting applications for its 2016 IDEX Academy programme from young and mid-career professionals for entering social sector in philanthropy and international development.
The IDEX Academy connects candidates to world class thought leaders and practitioners from the field – leading grassroots and movement leaders, community organizers, academics, and progressive philanthropists – for an intense week-long, high-impact course to chart a new pathway for the social economy.
The IDEX Global Fellows Program invites individuals to take part in six-months of intrapreneurial leadership training. IDEX Global Fellows Program is to create the next wave of “social intrapreneurs” who will support, lead and advance the work of socially-focused enterprises around the world.
IDEX Global Fellows Program has successfully trained and prepared over 150 college graduates and young professionals from all corners of the world for their transition into high impact careers.
You may be a good fit for IDEX if you:
- Are eager to work in new and challenging environments with limited resources (e.g. this means internet may go down, transportation may be slow and things may not work as they would in your home country);
- Are willing to embrace ambiguity head on, seek opportunities to learn and share your experiences with others;
- Have the willingness and ability to quickly adapt and work in resource constrained environments (e.g. this means you don’t complain if wifi goes down or power goes out for a few hours);
- Are seeking a self-directed fellowship experience where you are provided support and coaching but must also rely on your own creativity and grit to make the most out of your experience;
- Are willing to work with low-income populations in developing economies;
- Thrive in a start-up environment;
- Have had professional successes and failures that you’ve learned from and can apply to new situations;
- Have a passion for social enterprise and improving quality of life for under-served or under-resourced communities;
- Have a strong desire to engage in an intense professional development experience (e.g. this means you love to learn through people, experiences and self-reflection);
- Are committed to make an equity investment of time, energy and capital into your own personal growth and professional development
Fellows will receive a modest monthly living stipend towards the fellow’s cost of living expenses. The amount of the monthly stipend will be based on the cost of living in the fellow’s placement city.
- IDEX Fellows can be from all corners of the world.
- Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Bachelor or Masters/Graduate Degree (BS/BA/BBA must be obtained prior to start of program);
- Age limit: 21-35 years old
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- English fluency (written and spoken);
- Can obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional work experience;
- Excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Mid-career professionals in philanthropy, philanthropic advisors, next generation family philanthropists, individual donors, social entrepreneurs, social justice activists, impact investors and, put simply, those who seek to make a change in the world are eligible to apply.
Applicants are requested to submit completed online application form by providing resume/CV and 2 professional references (names and contacts). If you have any questions, please contact at [email protected].http://www.youthop.com/fellowships/2016-idex-global-fellows-programme-is-now-open-for-applicationshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IDEX-Global-Fellows-Programme.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/IDEX-Global-Fellows-Programme-150x150.jpgFellowships