The Swedish Institute’s Young Leaders Visitors Programme 2016 in Sweden
Deadline: December 8, 2015 | Views: 109
Type: Fully Funded.
The Swedish Institute is inviting applicants for Young Leaders Visitors Programme to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. The participants are visionaries who are in a position to make a difference and the programme encouraging creative initiatives as well as co-operation.
The Swedish Institute helps Sweden reach various international goals concerning foreign policy, education, international aid and development. SI promotes interest and confidence in Sweden around the world. SI seeks to establish cooperation and lasting relations with other countries through strategic communication and exchange in different fields.
- During and after the programme the participants will be part of an active network that will boost creativity and support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future.
- All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YLVP are covered by the Swedish Institute.
- The Swedish Institute will also arrange and pay for your air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region.
- Leadership training: personal development and group dynamics from an intercultural perspective, encouraging creative initiatives as well as co-operation.
- Social media: training in innovative technologies as tools for shaping public opinion and for building networks that promote knowledge sharing and openness.
- Knowledge exchange and inspiration: new perspectives on how to drive development and change processes in the field of transparency, democracy and human rights.
- Practical experience: practical assignments and projects run throughout the programme in combination with study visits to relevant Swedish institutions and civil society organisations that work in the sphere of culture, society and politics.
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme you have to:
- be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, journalists, bloggers, activists, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues)
- work actively for democracy and human rights
- be between 20 and 32 years old (at the time of the start of the programme)
- have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- a citizen of eligible countries
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen or Sweden.
Interested applicants can apply via online portal.http://www.youthop.com/exchange-programs/the-swedish-institutes-young-leaders-visitors-programme-2016-in-swedenhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Young-Leaders-Visitors-Programme-YLVP.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Young-Leaders-Visitors-Programme-YLVP-150x150.jpgExchange Programs