The Swedish Institute’s Young Connectors of the Future Programme in Sweden
Deadline: February 22, 2016 | Views: 242
Date: August 29 – September 16, 2016.
Type: Fully Funded.
YCF is designed to provide the participants with new skills, broadened networks and innovative tools to strengthen their work to drive social change in their respective contexts. The programme invites leaders aged between 22 and 32 from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka who represent different sectors of society and are visionaries in positions to make a difference. The participants are actively working for democracy and human rights within the spheres of society, culture, politics, entrepreneurship and media.
The programme is a unique opportunity for young leaders in the region to gather and share ideas and perspectives on common challenges. During and after YCF participants will be part of an active network that aims to boost creativity and to support their personal and professional development, while also laying the platform for a more connected future.
To apply to the programme you have to:
- Be an engaged leader within the spheres of society, culture, politics or media (for example project managers, youth leaders, entrepreneurs, journalists, bloggers, youth politicians, cultural workers, civil servants, lawyers and pedagogues).
- Work actively for democracy and human rights.
- Be between 22-32 years old (born 1994 – 1984).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Be a citizen of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan or Sri Lanka.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the YCF programme are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Swedish Institute will also arrange and pay for the participants’ air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme. Participants are themselves responsible for costs related to transport within their own countries.
Apply by filling out YCF Application Form 2016 and by going to our application portal. The deadline for applications is 22 February 2016. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
- A complete application consists of:
- A completed YCF Application Form 2016 in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons.
- An updated CV in English.
- A letter of recommendation in English (no more than 500 words) from a person that knows your work in the areas of democracy and human rights e.g. a professor, an employer or colleague. The letter should specifically motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the YCF criteria.*
- A photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to [email protected].http://www.youthop.com/exchange-programs/the-swedish-institutes-young-connectors-of-the-future-programme-in-swedenhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Swedish-Institute’s-Young-Connectors-of-the-Future-Programme.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/Swedish-Institute’s-Young-Connectors-of-the-Future-Programme-150x150.jpgExchange Programs