The International Summer School at the University of Oslo, Norway
Deadline: February 1, 2016 | Views: 461
The International Summer School (ISS) at the University of Oslo offers intensive Master’s and Bachelor’s courses each summer, from late June to late July. Every year ISS welcome over 550 students from about 90 countries.
The ISS is an academic center for learning in an international context, and a forum for fostering intercultural understanding. It aims at developing and conveying knowledge and at promoting understanding between people from different cultures. This dual purpose is reflected in the ISS motto: ”Six Weeks of Academic Achievement and International Good Will“.
For the courses offered at the International Summer School, you can direct HERE. You can find them within three categories:
- Bachelor level courses;
- Master level courses;
- Norwegian courses.
In order to be a successful ISS scholarship recipient, you must demonstrate:
- That your academic background is relevant to the course you apply for;
- That your professional background is relevant to the course you apply for;
- Your financial need.
The ISS offers scholarships to applicants from certain countries:
- Bachelor’s courses scholarships are intended to applicants from: the Caucasus or the Balkans, Asia, Oceania, Africa and South America, the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, USA, Canada, EU and EEA countries.
- Master’s courses scholarships are intended to applicants from: developing countries, the Caucasus or the Balkans, the former Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, USA or Canada.
Partial scholarships will also be offer to those who study Scandinavian studies at their home university.
The International Summer School has a wide variety of full and partial scholarships. Approximately 50 full scholarships will be granted and will cover:
- Basic fee (on-campus);
- Additional fees (if applicable);
- Pocket money allowance (made available to you upon arrival; excludes recipients from USA and Canada);
- Plane ticket to and from Norway (excludes recipients from USA and Canada).
Full scholarships DO NOT cover:
- Visa application fees;
- Travel costs to and from the airport.
Priority is given to applicants to Master’s courses from countries in Asia, Oceania, Africa or South America with an extremely weak currency against the Norwegian kroner (NOK).
Scholarship applicants must upload into Søknadsweb, the online system the following documents:
- Copy of passport;
- Documentation of English language proficiency;
- Copies of transcripts/diplomas;
- Statement of purpose;
- Letter of recommendation;
- ISS scholarship form;
- Norwegian documentation, for applicants to Norwegian language courses levels 2-4.
For any questions please contact: [email protected]http://www.youthop.com/exchange-programs/the-international-summer-school-at-the-university-of-oslo-norwayhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/International-Summer-School-at-the-University-of-Oslo-Norway.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/International-Summer-School-at-the-University-of-Oslo-Norway-150x150.jpgExchange Programs