She Entrepreneurs 2016 Programme in Sweden
Deadline: October 8, 2015 | Views: 74
Type: Fully Funded.
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden. The programme aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create an active network of women changemakers.
The participants must be social entrepreneurs from below mentioned countries who address social challenges and strive for positive social change through initiatives based on entrepreneurial principles.
She Entrepreneurs runs for one year, with participants meeting for ten days in Sweden and one week in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. In between the modules, the participants work on their own initiative locally, coached by group mentors over digital platforms.
During the programme participants are provided with inspiration, knowledge and tools to develop a business idea for sustainable change that they have already started working on in their country or region. Through the programme, participants are also offered the opportunity to meet leading social and business entrepreneurs as well as become a part of an active network of women social entrepreneurs that supports personal and professional development.
Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, Palestine, Yemen and Sweden.
All costs related to accommodation, food and transport during the She Entrepreneurs Programme are covered by the Swedish Institute. The Institute will pay for air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme in the MENA region. All participants will also be insured against acute illness and accident through the Swedish State Group Insurance.
Who can apply to the She Entrepreneurs programme?
- Applicants should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social business initiative that you have already started working on.
- Applicants must be a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- Applicant’s social business initiative should be based and implemented in their country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs programme listed above.
- Applicants must be between 20 and 36 years old.
- Applicants should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Applicants should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
Applicants can apply by filling out the She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form and submitting it through the online applications portal.
A complete application consists of:
- a completed She Entrepreneurs 2016 application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons
- an updated CV in English
- a photo (not compulsory).