Professional Fellows Program 2015 in USA
Deadline: December 1, 2014 | Views: 22
Type: Fully Funded.
Date: April 20 – June 5, 2015 (Spring) and October 9 – November 13, 2015 (Fall).
Legacy is pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2015 Professional Fellows Program (PFP). This two-way citizen exchange program is a capacity-building and professional development initiative that serves individuals working in civil society in Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco.
This program is designed for early- to mid-career professionals, with strong leadership skills, who are and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities through civil society (NGO/CSO/Associations). Areas of interest may include, but are not limited to:
The following costs are covered: domestic, international, and U.S. domestic transportation; visa fee and processing costs; health and accident insurance; professional and educational enhancement opportunities; professional mentoring support; and room and board. You will be given a stipend to cover meals and daily transport to and from your place of work.
Key Facts of about the PFP program:
- 34 Fellows will be selected from four countries (8-9 each from Algeria, Egypt, Morocco, and Tunisia)
- Fellows will participate in a month-long, fellowship placement in an American organization, including service organizations, advocacy groups, grassroots organizations, federal agencies, and congressional offices.
- DATES: Spring delegation (Tunisia and Morocco): April 20 -June 5, 2015 Fall Delegation: (Egypt and Algeria) October 9-November 13, 2015.
Selected fellow will learn:
- Effective practices in organizational management (staff training, human resources, program evaluation)
- Increase ability to run effective outreach and public relations programs
- Acquire new skills to engage with policymakers and government officials
- Fundraising and proposal writing skills
- Exchange best practices with American peers in their field