IREX Community Solutions Program for Young Community Leaders
Deadline: October 27, 2014 | Views: 28
Type: Fully Funded.
The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) is accepting applications from participating country to implement Community Solutions Program (CSP). The CSP is a professional development program designed for the community leaders who are working in Transparency and Accountability, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women and Gender Issues. The selected candidates will get an opportunity to participate in a four month US fellowship with a local non profit organization or government agency.
The fellows will be provided round-trip travel from home city to the US; living allowance to cover housing, meals and incidentals; accident and sickness insurance; and J-1 visa support. These fellows will participate in structured virtual learning and networking via the Online Community Leadership Institute; and, the design and implementation of follow-on projects in their home countries.
- Applicants must belong to select countries in the following regions – Africa, East Asia and the Pacific, Europe, South and Central Asia, Near East & North Africa, and Western Hemisphere.
- Applicants must be community leaders working in Transparency and Accountability, Tolerance and Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women and Gender Issues; and must be between 25-38 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be currently living and working in her/his home country.
- Applicants must be currently working on a community project or initiative in her/his country and should have at least 2 years of professional experience in the very capacity at the time of application.
- Applicants must be able to begin the program in the US in 2015 and be committed to return to her/his home country after the program completion.
- Applicants must be able to receive a US J-1 visa and be proficient in English language.
- S. citizens, permanent residents of the US , and individuals who have applied for US permanent residency in the past three years are not eligible for this program.
- Current IREX employees and consultants and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings) are not eligible to apply.