Call for Participants: Jolkona Catalyst Summer 2016 Accelerator in USA
Deadline: January 29, 2016 | Views: 113
Location: Seattle, United States of America.
Date: May 9 – 23, 2016.
Type: Fully Funded.
Open to: Indonesian Social Entrepreneurs.
Jolkona is searching for young leaders for its Summer 2016 Jolkona Catalyst accelerator program! Jolkona brings young entrepreneurs from emerging countries for an intensive three-week accelerator. We are looking for Indonesia’s most promising social entrepreneurs working towards bettering their country. The application cycle will open on January 4, 2016! Application deadline is January 29, 2016.
What is Jolkona Catalyst?
Jolkona Catalyst is an accelerator for young social entrepreneurs from emerging countries who come to Seattle for a three-week intense business incubation program. While in Seattle, the social entrepreneurs attend workshops, networking events, field trip, mentoring sessions, and pitch coaching organized by Jolkona to help them hone their business plans, gain valuable insights, and connect with local businesses leaders, universities, social entrepreneurs, founders, and impact investors.
- Must be founder of an active social enterprise that has been in operation for at least one year. Only ONE representative per team. We will not accept entire teams or multiple members from a team.
- We are specifically looking for social entrepreneurs who have spent 2-3 years building a small to medium size social venture (for-profit or non-profit) and have a proven track record.
- Founder is committed to his/her venture and does not see it as a side business or a hobby.
- Age between 22-35 years.
- Must be from Indonesia and currently living there.
- Must be able to participate to the full program (dates will be provided).
- Must be eligible for a J1 or B visa.
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
While in Seattle, the social entrepreneurs attend workshops, networking events, field trip, mentoring sessions, and pitch coaching organized by Jolkona to help them hone their business plans, gain valuable insights, and connect with local businesses leaders, universities, social entrepreneurs, founders, and impact investors.
All applicants should apply using our online form:
- Complete and submit an Online Application (Application will become available January 4, 2016 for the Summer 2016 programs).
- Upload your current Curriculum Vitae and Resume through the Online Application.
- Upload (3) Letters of Recommendations through the Online Application. *Letters of Recommendations should be written by a supervisor in a professional capacity (professor, supervisor) who can comment on your ability to participate in an intensive program such as ours.