Call for Applications: The Community Solutions Program 2016-2017 in USA
Deadline: October 30, 2015 | Views: 491
Type: Fully Funded.
The Community Solutions Program is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance & Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women & Gender Issues. Selected candidates will participate in: a four month U.S. fellowship with a local nonprofit organization or government agency; structured virtual learning and networking via the Online Community Leadership Institute; and, the design and implementation of follow-on projects in their home countries.
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from participant’s home city to the U.S.
- Accident and sickness insurance
- Living Allowance to cover housing, meals and incidentals
Candidates will be considered without respect to race, color, religion, national origin, or gender. Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Competition for the Community Solutions Program is merit-based and open to community leaders, ages 25-38 as of January 1, 2016, who meet the following criteria:
- From a participating country (U.S. citizens, permanent residents of the U.S., and individuals who have applied for U.S. permanent residency in the past three years are not eligible for this program)
- Currently living and working in his/her home country (Individuals participating in academic, training or research programs in the United States at the time of application and individuals residing or working outside their home countries at the time of application are not eligible for this program)
- Currently working on a community project or initiative in his/her home country; and, has at least 2 years of professional experience in this capacity at the time of application
- Able to begin the program in the United States in 2016, and is committed to returning to his/her home country after completion of the program
- Able to receive a U.S. J-1 visa (Individuals who have participated in an exchange visitor program sponsored or funded by the U.S. Government who have not fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement by the time of application are not eligible for this program)
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application
- Africa: Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana, Guinea, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
- East Asia and the Pacific: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam
- Europe: Albania, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, and Ukraine
- South and Central Asia: Bangladesh, Burma, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan
- Near East & North Africa: Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, and West Bank/Gaza
- Western Hemisphere: Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Haiti, Paraguay, Peru, and Trinidad and Tobago.
Location: USA.Type: Fully Funded. The Community Solutions Program is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance & Conflict Resolution, Environmental Issues, and Women & Gender Issues. Selected candidates will participate in: a four month U.S. fellowship with a local...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities