Call for Applications: See-Conic 2016 Student Exchange Program in Indonesia
Deadline: May 28, 2016 | Views: 3,935
Location: Semarang, Indonesia.
Date: July 18 – July 30, 2016.
See-Conic stands for Short Course of Environmental Conservation and Indonesian Culture. The aim of this program is to invite the international university students to learn more about environmental conservation and Indonesian culture at Semarang State University. The program has been initiated since 2012 and has been successfully held annually. The program will be held for two weeks. During the program the participants will learn about conservation which covers Bahasa Indonesia class, Traditional Dance class, Culture of the Archipelago, Biodiversity Conservation, Batik Workshops, Gamelan (Tradational Javanese Music Instruments), Sports, Art Performance, etc. In the following years, we also welcome a group of students from partner universities to join this program as past of the partnership program.
- Age 18 – 25 years old;
- International undergraduate Students currently enrolled at the university;
- Speak English (all the classes will be in English);
- Willing to stay in dorms.
- A copy of valid student card;
- A copy of valid passport;
- A copy of TOEFL/IELTS certificate, minimum 500 for TOEFL and 6 for IELTS;
- Letter of recommendation from the University of the candidates;
- Completed application form (you can request the application form to [email protected] or [email protected]);
- A passport size photograph;
- Health certificate.
See-Conicers will get a live experience on how to preserve the natural conservation as well as cultural conservation. Local students will introduce them to Indonesian culture and involve them in some activities on conservation.
See-Conicers will get opportunities to visit some historical and tourism areas in Central Java such as Borobudur Temple, Lawang Sewu, and outbond activities in Umbul Sido Mukti. The purpose of the activity is to introduce them to Indonesian history and natural landscape as well as to encourage them to promote Indonesian tourism places abroad.
- All documents must be completed and scan in PDF format.
- All documents should be send via e-mail to [email protected] cc to [email protected].
- The announcement of selected candidates will be posted on the website io.unnes.ac.id and further information related to the program will be sent to the selected candidates’ email.