Apply to Participate at International Sustainability School 2015 in Nepal
Deadline: May 15, 2015 | Views: 43
Date: July 3 – 12, 2015.
The Hands-On Institute on Global Sustainability is currently offering scholarships for its International Sustainability School 2015 which will be held from 3rd to 12 July in Nepal. Applications are invited from the young people around the world interested in skills-development, exposure, adventure and network development for Sustainability School Scholarships 2015.
Sustainability School revolves around 10 days experience and is designed to give new skills, friends, ideas and inspiration to young people. It involves trekking in the Himalayas, living with communities, learning from experts, meeting change makers, working with locals while being accompanied by like-minded friends living in different countries. Sustainability Fellows will be given an opportunity to experience grass-root’s realities as well as learn concrete skills from experts while also discovering themselves. This is a physically, mentally and socially engaging program where participants enrich themselves, the communities they visit and each other.
The programme comprises of three phases:
- Learn Phase in July 4-5 that includes
- Orientation, icebreaker, expectations and skills sharing.
- Skill development workshops will be organised- Conceptualizing Sustainability, Sustainability Mapping, Sustainability Shots, Choice editing, Sustain Agro among others.
- Feel Phase from 6 July to 9 July where
- fellows will be trekked to the host village
- They have to live like the local, idea shops, sustainability service, Ask Nature, reflect art, outdoor games, solo self, discussion and synthesis of learning. Fellows will then be trekked back to Kathmandu.
- Be Phase: on 10-12 July 2015
- Social media for sustainability, Reflection, summarization, action planning and documentation
- On 12 July 2015 Graduation will be completed and a farewell will be organised.
- Young people either graduated or studying can apply for this programme.
- There is no geographical restrictions for these scholarships.
- Applicants are expected to be highly motivated in subjects of sustainable development, be involved in all activities during the course, and actively participate in an intensive learning process with link-minded peers from around the world.
Application Process:http://www.youthop.com/exchange-programs/apply-to-participate-at-international-sustainability-school-2015-in-nepalhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/International-Sustainability-School-2015-in-Nepal.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/International-Sustainability-School-2015-in-Nepal-300x300.jpgExchange Programs