Youth Regional Forum for the World Heritage in Asia
Deadline: September 30, 2015 | Views: 23
Date: 25th November – 3rd December, 2015.
Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Type: Fully Funded
The UNESCO World Heritage Centre and Cambodian National Commission for UNESCO will organize the forum from 25 November to 3 December 2015 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The forum will allow young people to share regional youth actions with the upcoming International Coordinating Committee for Angkor and the next 40th session of the World Heritage Committee in Turkey. The forum will bring together approximately 30 youth participants from 20 countries in the Asia-Pacific region (1 participant from listed countries; Australia, Bangladesh, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Viet Nam, and 10 participants from Cambodia).
The forum consists of several activities such as participants’ presentation on the sites in their countries; lectures by international and local heritage experts; discussion with experts and participants on water management communities and cultural tourism; site visits to Angkor and hands-on activities; Model World Heritage Committee and creating the Declaration of youth; and also participation in the International Coordinating Committee for Angkor.
The organizers will cover the costs of the airplane ticket at the most economical rate from your country to Cambodia, as well as the local expenses including insurance, visa fees, local transport, accommodation and meals within the duration of the regional forum.
After the selection of the participants, an official letter of invitation will be sent only to selected participants together with additional information and provisional programme of the regional forum.
- Young citizens of one of 20 countries mentioned above;
- Aged from 20 to 30 years old with fluent English (no interpretation will be provided);
- Can attend for the full length of the event and invest time to prepare and follow up the Forum;
- Motivated and engaged in the forum with an interest in the World Heritage Committee of UNESCO, sustainable heritage management or cultural policies, and eager to implement the outcomes of the forum in their local communities;
- Minimum 3 years of university studies or preferably with university degree in one of these fields: Architecture,
- Engineering, Tourism, Archaeology, Economic Sciences or Social Sciences.
Only if the online application is not working, please fill in the PDF Application Form and submit it by email to Mr. LIM BUN Hok ([email protected]) and Ms. Carmela Quin ([email protected]) with a copy to Ms. Jiyun Park ([email protected]) at the latest by 30 September 2015 at midnight (Paris time).http://www.youthop.com/conferences/youth-regional-forum-for-the-world-heritage-in-asiahttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Youth-Regional-Forum-for-the-World-Heritage-in-Asia.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Youth-Regional-Forum-for-the-World-Heritage-in-Asia-150x150.jpgConferences