Young Faces Conference Cyber Security Winter School
Deadline: September 26, 2014 | Views: 4
Open to: public officials, corporate sector representatives, graduate students, or members of civil society or the media from the Western Balkans or Moldova, aged 35 or younger.
Venue: 1-5 December 2014 in Petnica Serbia.
The Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces, in partnership with DiploFoundation and with the support of the Swiss Ministry of Defence, invites promising young officials and professionals to apply for a place in our 2014 series of capacity-building activities in the framework of The Young Faces Network. The program will include a distance learning component and one five-day workshop from 1 to 5 December 2014 focusing on policy issues of cyber-security. In particular the program aims to introduce and analyze technical, legal and political aspects of cybersecurity, as well as critically evaluate policy issues, Such as protection of critical infrastructure, cyber-crime and cyber-conflicts. The activities also intend to facilitate the creation of a community of practice in the Western Balkans by identifying, training and providing networking opportunities for young and upcoming leaders from the region.
To be considered for the network, applicants must:
- Be no more than 35 years old on 31 December 2014;
- Be public officials, corporate sector representatives, graduate students or members of civil society or the media from the Western Balkans or Moldova;
- Hold a graduate degree (or be enrolled in a graduate degree program) or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline;
- Have a good command of English, spoken and written.
The organizers will cover all related expenses for selected candidates, including meals, hotel accommodation and economy class travel expenses, when applicable.
If you are interested, submit the following documents:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (CV);
- a completed application form.
- All documents must be submitted in English, formatted using Microsoft Word and send by e-mail to [email protected], no later than 26 September 2014th.