The CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders Application is now open!
Deadline: March 24, 2015 | Views: 348
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Date: 21-22 April 2015.
The CIMB Foundation and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia are joining forces to host this year’s CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders (CYAL) on 21-22 April 2015 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. CYAL is a spin-off of the annual ASEAN Youth Volunteer Programme. With the theme “Protecting ASEAN’s Heritage,” this 2-day fully-funded workshop and heritage tour aims to train exceptional ASEAN student leaders to develop innovative, community-based heritage projects.
- The Essentials of Heritage Conservation,
- Heritage Challenges and Interventions in ASEAN,
- Technical skills in the promotion, conservation and preservation on tangible and intangible heritage.
- Nationals of ASEAN countries; Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- ASEAN students, preferably with a minimum CGPA/CQPI of 3.5 or equivalent, enrolled in an ASEAN university. Fresh graduates may apply, if unemployed.
- Able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken
- With a viable project idea for heritage conservation
At the end of the program, delegates will be encouraged to submit a country-based project proposal. The proposal can tackle any aspect of heritage (tangible or intangible, cultural or architectural preservation), as long as it shows sustainability and positive impact to the local community. It can be an on-going project or an idea with potential that is yet to be implemented. The best proposal will be awarded a seed funding from CIMB Foundation.
Organizer: CIMB Foundation and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia.http://www.youthop.com/conferences/the-cimb-young-asean-leaders-application-is-now-openhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/The-CIMB-Young-ASEAN-Leaders-Application-is-now-open.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/The-CIMB-Young-ASEAN-Leaders-Application-is-now-open-300x300.jpgConferencesASEAN,ASEAN Youth Volunteer Program,Leaders,The CIMB Foundation,Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia