The Asia-Pacific Forum on Youth Volunteerism to Promote Participation, Development and Peace
Deadline: September 15, 2014 | Views: 27
Location: Thailand. Date: 28 October 2014.
The Asia-Pacific Forum on Youth Volunteerism to Promote Participation, Development and Peace encourages youth between the ages of 18 and 29 from across the Asian and Pacific region and representatives of civil society organizations to apply for the opportunity to be a participant by 15 September 2014, after which a selection process will take place. Selected participants will subsequently be notified by a personal invitation letter.
The Forum is co-convened by UNESCAP, UNESCO, Global Peace Foundation (GPF) and Global Young Leaders Academy (GYLA), with generous sponsorship by FK Norway and other partners. It will be held on 28 October 2014 in Bangkok at the United Nations Conference Centre.
- Enhance and pool knowledge on the contributions and strategies of national volunteering and youth service across Asia-Pacific toward achievement of the United Nations MDGs and Post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Form cross-regional and cross-cultural youth service networks across ASEAN and other sub-regions of the Asia Pacific.
- Promulgate recommendations and engage service issue partnerships in key development and peace clusters including: health and environmental service, disaster response, interfaith peace-building, youth entrepreneurship and education.
- A post-conference publication will summarize best practices, key findings, outcomes and recommendations to guide the further development of youth volunteerism across the region
The meeting is expected to engage over 400 participants in an interactive format. The stakeholders will be from the following categories:
- Youth Volunteers
- Social Business entities and corporate partners
- Government officials including Ministries of Youth, Social Development and related fields
- Volunteer/Civil Society Organizations
- Development partners
- UN agencies