The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum
Deadline: October 31, 2014 | Views: 16
Location: Riga, Latvia.
Date: 9-11 February 2015.
Open to: people over 18 years of age who speak English or Russian.
The Second Eastern Partnership Youth Forum is organised in the context of Latvia’s Presidency of the Council of the EU and the Eastern Partnership Platform 4 ‘Contacts between people’. It will take place on 9-11 February 2015, Riga, Latvia. The final results of the Forum will be presented in the 4th Eastern Partnership Summit which will take place in Riga, Latvia in May 2015.
The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will showcase and further develop the Eastern Partnership and Erasmus+ Programme countries’ joint youth cooperation. The Forum will provide space to discuss and recommend steps to be taken as regards young people’s employability in this context with a focus on:
- Mobility and partnership programmes (European Union, Council of Europe, United Nations and other programmes);
- Cross-sectorial cooperation;
- Exchange of good practices (innovative ideas);
- Youth policy development.
More specifically, the 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will:
- Foster sharing of good practices between participants of the Forum in the field of cross-sectorial cooperation;
- Allow for a critical analysis of the above mentioned good practices and explore ways to adapt them to different realities;
- Map challenges the various sectors face and discuss how cross-sectorial cooperation can foster the employability of young people;
- Emphasise the impact of youth work and its relevance for the labour market;
- Raise awareness for quality demands for mobility programmes supporting employability of young people;
- Work on policy recommendations to improve youth employability/employment.
The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will be mainly held in English. Simultaneous interpretation from and to Russian/English will be provided in the plenary sessions. In the working groups, linguistic support will be available.
The 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum will bring together about 200 participants: young persons active in youth organisations, youth workers, researchers, ministerial representatives, representatives of business field (unions, employers’ organisations, job services etc.), representatives of formal education, young journalist willing to spread the word about the 2nd Eastern Partnership Youth Forum who:
- Can communicate in English or Russian;
- Are at least 18 years old;
- Can commit to actively take part in the preparation phase before the Forum by looking for and sharing good practices, stating opinions on the themes of the Forum and getting acquainted with background policy planning documents;
- Have the opportunity to apply and multiply the experiences and learning after the Forum.
This project is financed by the Erasmus+ Programme and co-financed by the EC (in the frame of Platform IV). Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the national agencies or the European Commission- except a participation fee which varies from country to country.
For Eastern Partnership countries all travel expenses will be covered. For Programme countries- please contact your NA to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses.
Application deadline is 31 October 2014.http://www.youthop.com/conferences/the-2nd-eastern-partnership-youth-forumhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/The-2nd-Eastern-Partnership-Youth-Forum-1024x533.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/The-2nd-Eastern-Partnership-Youth-Forum-300x300.jpgConferences