South Asian Youth Conference 2015 in Sri Lanka
Deadline: October 25, 2015 | Views: 110
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Date: December 11 – 15, 2015.
The 5th SAYC will happen in Colombo, Sri Lanka from 11 – 15th December. For the uninitiated, SAYC is the coming together of young leaders working towards a strong and peaceful South Asia. It is a gathering that brings together some of the most interesting and passionate change makers from our subcontinent – social leaders, activists, politicians, artists, students, scientists, and anyone who connects with the cause of a united, peaceful South Asia.
- To make this conference an intimate space and bring in exceptional participants, SAYC has always required you to put in an application. It is nothing too difficult – we just ask you your personal details (for visas), a few questions about your experiences and some reflections on South Asia.
- We try and make the selection as objective as possible – trying to create a blend of fresh and experienced participants, a balance of gender and diversity, of countries and sub-regions and age groups.
- Anyone under 40 is welcome to apply – you will find more details here.
- We come together at SAYC to learn from each other (as well as from experts), to share our stories and build deep connections.
- Apart from meeting amazing individuals from the SAARC region, you will attend workshops, participate in conversations about the South Asian movement, engage in art-culture-sports and have a lot of fun!
- You are welcome to facilitate a session, share your story, network for your organisation and showcase your culture.
- Based on our experiences, we have designed SAYC to create more time and space for informal interaction, cultural exchange and fun. We will soak into a sense of the stunning cultural diversity and shared history – an experience that we will never have in our own countries. SAYC is open, inclusive and follows the spirit of co-creation.
- 12th October: First deadline to submit completed applications.
- 15th October: Selection emails to first list of participants.
- 26th October: Last date to deposit the registration fee for first list of selected participants.
- 25th October: Final deadline to submit completed applications.
- 28th October: Selection emails to final list of participants.
- 8th November: Last date to deposit registration fee for final list of selected participants.