SAARC International Conference on Development of Museums in Sri Lanka
Deadline: August 15, 2014 | Views: 20
Nominations of candidates is invited for the SAARC International Conference to be held from 23-25 October 2014 in Colombo, Sri Lanka. The SAARC member states are invited to send a minimum of four nominations in the prescribed Registration Form. The SAARC International Conference on Development of Museums in South Asia, entitled ‘Curating Culture for Present and Future’ is organized by the SAARC Cultural Center in collaboration with the Department of National Museums, Sri Lanka. The conference will provide a common platform to professionals, experts, policy-makers and other stake-holders to share their challenges, best practices and success stories. Nominee can also be from Universities and research bodies.
- Paper Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Round Table
Applications can be made for paper presentation in the themes listed below.
- Museums in the 21st Century: New Trends in Museum Management
- Security: Physical and Cyber
- Museum 24/7
- Visual Storage
- Digital and Virtual Museum
- Museums in Education and Learning
- Role of Communication, Cooperation and Collaboration in Museum Management
- Strengthening Culture through Museums
- Capacity Building for Effective Museum Management
- Social and Intellectual Engagement through Museums
- Museum Outreach Programs: Reaching the Unreached
- Museum as Catalyst for Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Nominee must be expert or academician representing different categories of museums in their country.
- Each SAARC member state should make at least four (4) and at most ten (10) nominations.
- Application materials include – Curriculum vitae and 500-word abstract of the proposed paper to be presented.
- Applications for paper presentation must accompany a curriculum vitae and 500-word abstract.
- Nominees must be proficient in English language.
- The participants should submit their full papers two weeks prior to the conference and make a short presentation at the conference.