Participate in High-Level Event of the General Assembly at UN Headquarters
Deadline: May 5, 2015 | Views: 155
Location: General Assembly Hall, United Nations Headquarters, New York.
Date: 29 May 2015.
The High-level Event of the General Assembly marks the 20th Anniversary of the World Programme of Action for Youth (WPAY) and offers an important opportunity for Member States and other relevant stakeholders to take stock of progress made in its implementation, identify the gaps and challenges ahead while discussing the best way forward for the full, effective and accelerated implementation of this ground-breaking agreement. Full Concept Note.
The High-Level Event is organized by the President of the General Assembly in coordination with the Office of the United Nations Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth and United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
The main objective of the High-level Event of the General Assembly is to mark the 20th Anniversary of the World Programme of Action for Youth (WPAY) and offer an important opportunity for Member States and other relevant stakeholders to take stock of progress made in its implementation, identify the gaps and challenges ahead while discussing the best way forward for the full, effective and accelerated implementation of this ground-breaking agreement.
The High-Level Event will:
- Seek to encourage Member States and other relevant stakeholders, including youth-led organizations to implement the WPAY by developing forward-looking programmes and policies grounded in its priority areas.
- Pay special attention to the need to strengthen monitoring of the implementation of WPAY, including through the collection, analysis and dissemination of, reliable, comparable and relevant data on a continuous basis.
- Contribute to the deliberations on the ongoing intergovernmental negotiations on the post-2015 development agenda both by examining the potential of youth to contribute to its design, and by focusing on areas relevant to youth development that can be advanced by the post- 2015 development agenda, as underscored in the World Programme of Action for Youth.
- Inform the discussions of the High-Level Event of the PGA that will focus on the Demographic Dividend and Youth Employment to be held on 1 June 2015. It will build on the momentum created by the previous events organized by UN partners and other relevant stakeholders, including the First Global Forum for Youth Policies, the 2015 ECOSOC Youth Forum as well as national and regional level events.
All Member States of the United Nations have been invited to participate at the highest possible level, in particular Ministers of Youth, to this High-level Event. In addition, Member States are encouraged to include youth delegates in their delegations. The event will also include representatives of United Nations entities, civil society, including youth-led and youth-focused organizations as well as other relevant stakeholders.
Registration to the High-level Event is open to young people and representatives of youth organizations through the online registration form. It is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Kindly check the website for additional information on the registration process.
Format of the Event:
The High-level Event of the General Assembly will be held on 29 May 2015, in the General Assembly Hall at United Nations Headquarters.
It will be a one-day event consisting of an opening plenary and open debate where Member States will be given a 2-3 minute intervention to address the General Assembly on implementation of the World Programme of Action for Youth and National Youth policies. The morning session will be followed by two interactive panel discussions with the participation of Member States, United Nations Agencies, youth-led organizations and other stakeholders, and will end with a closing session.
Panel discussions will cover the following:
- Panel 1: Focus on stocktaking for the past 20 years since the adoption of WPAY
- Panel 2: Focus on the Role of WPAY looking ahead in conjunction with the implementation of the SDGs
The outcome of the High-Level Event will be a President’s summary, which will be circulated to all Member States and other relevant stakeholders.
For more information please contact [email protected]http://www.youthop.com/conferences/participate-in-high-level-event-of-the-united-nations-general-assembly-at-un-headquartershttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/United-Nations-General-Assembly-at-UN-Headquarters-.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/United-Nations-General-Assembly-at-UN-Headquarters--300x300.jpgConferencesUN,UN General Assembly,United Nations,United Nations Agencies,World Programme of Action,WPAY