Participate at The Global Forum on Youth, Peace and Security 2015 in Jordan
Deadline: May 24, 2015 | Views: 76
Location: Amman, Jordan.
Date: August 21 – 22, 2015.
Type: Fully Funded.
Apply now to the Global Forum on Youth, Peace and Security, to be convened on the 21st and 22nd of August 2015 in Amman, Jordan. This initiative was announced last month by HRH Crown Prince Al Hussein bin Abdullah II of Jordan during the Security Council Session on Youth, Countering Violent Extremism and Promoting Peace.
200 participants from all regions of the world, including: youth organizations, youth groups and youth representatives, Member States, UN entities, international and national NGOs; foundations and donor agencies and academics will be invited to attend.
Criteria for Youth Participants:
- Age: youth participants should be between 15-35 years of age.
- Experience and Leadership: youth participants must demonstrate leadership in peacebuilding, reducing violence or countering extremism through examples of initiatives they have undertaken at the community or policy level in countries in conflict, post-conflict or with widespread violence.
- Networks: youth participants must be members of or affiliated with a youth-led organization, network or movement or they must be able to demonstrate how they can disseminate the outcomes of the meeting to a wider network.
- Commitment: youth participants must demonstrate commitment to nonviolence, peaceful and inclusive societies, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Charter, Aims and Purposes of the United Nations.
- Language: youth participants must have an understanding of English, French or Arabic. All applications must be submitted in English, French or Arabic. Interpretation between English, Arabic and French will be provided during the Forum.
The travel, visa and subsistence cost of the selected youth participants will be covered. Please note that participants are expected to arrive August 20 and to depart August 23.
Participants will be selected on the basis of motivation and experience . The organizers will ensure balance in terms of age, gender, geography and diversity among selected participants. The majority of selected participants will represent an organization and come from communities or countries affected by conflict, going through a post-conflict process or facing widespread violence.http://www.youthop.com/conferences/participate-at-the-global-forum-on-youth-peace-and-security-2015-in-jordanhttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Global-Forum-on-Youth-Peace-and-Security-2015-in-Jordan.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Global-Forum-on-Youth-Peace-and-Security-2015-in-Jordan-300x300.jpgConferences