Join YEL’s delegation for the Social Good Summit 2014!
Deadline: August 17, 2014 | Views: 17
This incredible opportunity is a two-day conference examining the impact of technology and new media on social good initiatives around the world. Held during UN Week from September 21-22, the Social Good Summit unites a dynamic community of global leaders and grassroots activists to discuss solutions for the greatest challenges of our time. The theme, “#2030NOW, Connecting for Good, Connecting for All”, asks the question, “What type of world do I want to live in by the year 2030?” During the Social Good Summit, global citizens around the world unite to unlock the potential of technology to make the world a better place.
- What, when, where? All-access to the Social Good Summit 2014, September 21-22, New York, USA.
- Who? YEL will send a diverse delegation of from all around Europe.
- What’s happening in NYC? In addition to the Social Good Summit you will:
- Participate in the United Nations Foundation’s exclusive-invite Masterclass, an intimate gathering of some Social Good Summit’s leading minds, bringing together top bloggers, problem solvers, big thinkers, leaders in social media, technology, and global development more details »;
- Join small-group round-table discussions, led by Gates Foundation, Mashable, and the like;
- Be able to publish on Young European Leadership’s media channels and the +SocialGood Summit blog reaching a large international audience;
- Engage in dedicated sessions with other young delegates from around the entire world;
- Have the chance to network with leading change-makers, driven peers, and many more;
- Potentially be granted access to the UN Climate Summit on September 23 more details ».
- Requirements? Each participant has to be:
- At least 18 years old, possessing strong English skills;
- Active online presence, e.g. solid and active following on Twitter or other appropriate social media related outlets like own blogs;
- Very actively live-tweeting and blogging from the SGS in native language.
- Money? YEL is offered a very generous stipend by the United Nations Foundation, which is expected to cover most local expenses in New York during the Social Good Summit, esp. accommodation and food. Participants have to cover all other costs, esp. travel, VISA or ESTA authorization, and a €10 contributions to YEL.
- More info? Check mashable.com/sgs for list of speakers and more background information! For specific questions contact [email protected], subject: “SGS 2014 Question application”.
- How? Apply as soon as possible, we close the application as we have enough applicants!