Future Lab Europe Program 2015
Deadline: March 2, 2015 | Views: 11
Type: Fully Funded.
Date: 20-25 September 2015.
Location: Brussels, Belgium.
FutureLab Europe is a high-profile program which offers participants a unique opportunity to interact with international decision-makers, to enhance their credentials as European citizens, to take action in support of the European idea and to develop their own skills, ideas and networks.
The annual FutureLab Europe forum 2015 will take place in Brussels from 20-25 September. The forum programme is followed by a spring event in Brussels, the [email protected], the writing of individual blogs as well as the participation in major European conferences, workshops and future scenarios. Participants are also encouraged to organize projects and activities by themselves.
In order to be eligible you should fulfill the following criteria:
- Minimum age 20, maximum age 30;
- Current or past involvement in programmes run by one of the foundations that are members of the European Alliance for Democratic Citizenship (i.e. alumni affiliation with one of the foundations);
- Excellent knowledge of English both orally and in writing;
- Good academic qualification;
- Pronounced interest in the history, development and implementation of the European idea;
- Demonstrated high level of civic engagement;
- Ability and desire to discuss actively European issues on stage with high-ranking decision makers at public events and in front of a wider audience;
- Ability to develop and defend one’s own thoughts and positions;
- Ability and desire to work in international and interdisciplinary groups;
- Initiative and strong performance commitment;
- Study and/or work experience abroad;
- Commitment to contribute actively to activities organised under the FutureLab banner, including national and online debates.
During the annual forum in Brussels, all non-travel programme-related costs (accommodation, food, course material, supervision etc.) are covered by the European Alliance for Democratic Citizenship, as funder of the programme. Participants are responsible for covering their own travel costs. However, a limited number of travel bursaries is available for participants who are not able to pay for some or all of these travel costs.
During the follow-up [email protected] events in Brussels and across Europe, all programme-related costs (including travel) are covered by the Alliance.
Application is open to: European professionals aged 20-30 who have taken part in one or more programmes run by the partner foundations that support FutureLab Europe in the framework of the European Alliance for Democratic Citizenship.
In order to apply you should complete the online application form in English language after registering at their website. During the application process you will be requested to upload the following documents:
- Detailed CV in English (PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 1 MB);
- Photo (JPG, PNG and GIF file, max. 1 MB);
- A short blogpost (max. 2,000 words, PDF, DOC or RTF file, max. 1 MB). Your blogpost should answer only one of the following three questions. Please pick one of these topics:
a. Democracy in Europe: What should the EU do to maintain and foster democratic values in Europe?Equal opportunities in education: How can the EU contribute to ensure free and equal access to quality education for all European citizens?
b. Fighting nationalism and xenophobia: What needs to be done to fight against nationalism and xenophobia and to prevent them from threatening European integration?
The application deadline is 2 March 2015.
For any enquiries about the application process please contact Ms. Gabriele Woidelko at: [email protected]http://www.youthop.com/conferences/future-lab-europe-program-2015http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/future-lab.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/future-lab-300x300.jpgConferencesConferences. Youth,Europe