Call for Participants: Girls20 Summit 2016 in China
Deadline: January 30, 2016 | Views: 1,281
The G(irls)20 Summit, a G(irls)20 flagship program, takes place annually in the G20 host country. Designed G20 style, this Canadian based, globally active organization brings together one delegate from each G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region. The Summit is a response to the G20 Leader’s commitment of 2014 to create 100 million new jobs for women by 2025. G(irls)20 Summit delegates are all girls, aged 18-23.
The 7th Annual G(irls)20 Summit will be held in China, the 2016 G20 Host Country. While exact dates have not yet been set, we anticipate the Summit will take place in August 2016.
During the Summit, delegates attend skills building workshops (entrepreneurship, financial preparedness, communications, digital literacy, leadership, etc.) participate in panel discussion with local and global experts, and then produce a communique with tangible, scalable solutions towards increase FLFP. The communiqué is presented to G20 Leaders for their consideration.
- Female, between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- Lives in and holds citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Is proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Has or can obtain a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Has an interest in the economic advancement of girls and women;
- Will commit to launching a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian permission to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
The following will be provided to all G(irls)20 Summit Delegates:
- Summit learning materials and supplies;
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).http://www.youthop.com/conferences/call-for-participants-girls20-summit-2016-in-chinahttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Girls20-Summit-2016-in-China.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Girls20-Summit-2016-in-China-150x150.jpgConferencesChina,Conference,G20,Girls,Girls20 Summit,Leadership,MENA