Call for Applications: South American Business Forum 2016 in Argentina
Deadline: May 1, 2016 | Views: 1,140
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Date: August 5 – 7, 2016.
Type: Partially Funded.
The South American Business Forum is an annual conference which 100 students from all over the world attend together with 40 current leaders from academic, social, political and business backgrounds. The objective of the forum is to debate topics of global relevance, exchange opinions and experiences, and generate connections between the different actors that will contribute to the sustainable development of the South American region. This year, the main topic is about “A Conversation Across Borders” with subtopics namely “A Fragmented World“, “Human Technology“, and “Logics of Emotions.”
The conference covers all of the expenses for each participant since the moment they arrive to Buenos Aires. This includes the conference, hotel, food, ground transportation and materials. Also, there is no participation fee!
It is required to:
- Have been born from January 1st, 1990;
- Complete the registration process;
- Be either a regular undergraduate student, graduate student, or to have finished your studies (graduate or undergraduate) in 2015 or 2016.
Aside from the participation in the 2016 SABF edition, all selected participants will enjoy the benefits detailed below:
- Meals during the 5th, 6th and 7th of August.
- Entrance to a night event.
For participants from Argentina (excluding Buenos Aires) and other countries the following expenses are also covered:
- Accommodation in a hotel during the nights of the 4th, 5th and 6th of August.
- Transfers from the hotel to the different places where activities are carried out.
Be able to complete the application at https://apply.sabf.org.ar and write an essay to be evaluated under the following criteria:
- Degree of relationship with chosen theme or sub-theme.
- Writing, coherence and clarity of expression.
- Logical approach to ideas.
- Argument’s content.
- Originality and innovative ideas.
- Degree of relation to the current context.
Formal requirements of the essay are as follows:
- Length: between 1200 and 1800 words.
- Language: Spanish or English