Call for Applications: Morocco Forum for Adolescent & Youth Human Rights 2016
Deadline: November 9, 2016 | Views: 17,434
Date: December 8-9 2016.
Funding: Fully Funded.
Applications are invited for participants to attend the Morocco Forum for Adolescent & Youth Human Rights 2016. Morocco Forum will be held in Marrakesh from December 8-9, 2016 to help create a well-articulated and strengthened CSO movement in Africa in this regard. It will be a platform for young people from the African Continent, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), high level United Nations officials, celebrities and Moroccan youth, to under the auspices of the National Observatory for Children’s Rights (Morocco), meet and have a discourse on the theme ‘Adolescent and Youth Human Rights Driving Sustainable Development’.
Selected participants will be fully funded to participate in the Forum – air transport, accommodation and meals will be covered.
- Must be at least 16 and not older than 30 years by December 31, 2016;
- Must be available between 8-9 December 2016;
- Must represent a youth-led organization, or at least, be renowned for working with youth;
- Must have basic knowledge of the following: The 1994 Cairo Declaration, ICPD Beyond 2014 Agenda, the Addis Ababa Declaration on Population and Development, Agenda 2063 and the 2030 Agenda;
- Must have capacities for the coordination, mobilization and dialogue with young people and/or must be experienced in advocacy processes;
- Must have some basic knowledge sharing skills;
- Must have interest and a demonstrated commitment to ensuring young people’s SRHR (including access to Comprehensive Sexuality Education);
- Must be a national and living in any of the following African and Arab countries: Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Iraq, Kenya, Kuwait, Jordan, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.