Apply to join at Furaha Afrika Camp in Kenya
Deadline: December 5, 2014 | Views: 169
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Date: 16-19 December, 2014.
Open to: all African young people, ages 15 – 19.
Organizer: World Youth Alliance, Africa.
The WYA Furaha Afrika Camp is an exciting program that provides an enjoyable and active environment for young people to discover the inestimable dignity of the person and develop in an environment with fellow young people in a relaxed camp atmosphere. This year, the theme will be “Happiness, Fun and Self Discovery” and it will be first Furaha Afrika Camp.
The World Youth Alliance (WYA) was founded in 1999 in New York. WYA is a global coalition of young people committed to promoting the dignity of the person and building solidarity among youth from developed and developing nations. WYA trains young people to work at the regional and international level to influence policy and culture. Through a lived experience of the dignity of the person, young people are able to affirm life at all levels of society.
- Gain a better understanding and ability to communicate articulately the notion of human dignity.
- Expand horizons, team work capacity and develop leadership and social skills through the various group activities.
- Interact with other young people and make new friends.
- Open up other opportunities to participate in World Youth Alliance’s regional and international events.
- Develop one’s understanding for the dignity that everyone has.