Applications Open: 5th WYAAP Emerging Leaders Conference in Philippines
Deadline: August 31, 2016 | Views: 7,202
Location: University of Asia and the Pacific located in Pasig City, Philippines.
Date: October 20 – 22, 2016.
The Emerging Leaders Conference (ELC) is an annual event of World Youth Alliance Asia Pacific (WYAAP) for young individuals to learn about the salient issues of today and how they can apply their roles as leaders through a variety of talks, forums and interactive activities. On its fifth year, the WYAAP Emerging Leaders Conference will focus on the theme, Upgrading Earth: Maximizing Technology and Innovation for People and Planet. It will be held from October 20 – 22, 2016 (Thursday to Saturday) in the University of Asia and the Pacific located in Pasig City, Philippines.
- The 5th WYAAP ELC is open to all youth from the Asia Pacific region, aged 15 to 30 years old. Both members and non-members of WYAAP are invited to participate;
- International Participants must be at least 18 years old to participate in this conference;
- For local applicants under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a teacher or an adult supervisor. They will have to pay the same amount as the participants;
- Previous ELC participants may also apply.
Participants will have the opportunity to share their ideas and build networks with other youth leaders from the Asia Pacific region. It also serves as venue for young people to engage in cultural exchange. This will strengthen a region-wide cooperation among Asia Pacific youth to implement projects among participating individuals and organizations, as well as explore possibilities for project collaboration, laying the groundwork for long-term partnerships.
Fees & Deadlines:
- ELC Essay Writing Competition Deadline – August 19, 2016 (Friday), 11:50PM (GMT +8)
Regular Applications Deadline – August 31, 2016 (Wednesday), 11:50PM (GMT +8)
Payment Deadline – September 23, 2016 (Friday)
- ELC Essay Writing Competition Winners (20 only) – PHP 3,900.00
Regular Applicants – PHP 4,300.00
- ELC Essay Writing Competition Winners (20 only) – USD 115.00
Regular Applicants – USD 125.00
Educators/adult supervisors will be paying the same rate as their students.
- Meals and Snacks throughout the conference;
- Lunch from October 20 – 22;
- Morning and Afternoon Snacks from October 20 – 21;
- Dinner on October 21;
- Morning Snacks on October 22;
- Conference Kit (shirt included) and Other Materials.
All accommodations and travel before, during and after the conference will be care of the delegates.
- All interested participants must submit their completed application form to [email protected] on or before the deadline of submission: August 19, 2016 for ELC Essay Competition applicants, and August 31, 2016 for regular applicants. You will be notified via email or phone if you have been accepted to the conference;
- Once accepted, conference details and payment procedures will be will be sent via email;
- Accepted applicants must settle the conference fee on our before the deadline to confirm their slots.