Applications Open for 2016 Global Youth and Wildlife Forum in South Africa
Deadline: December 4, 2015 | Views: 188
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Date: September 17-25, 2016.
Are you a passionate conservationist aged 18-25 looking to ensure a future for animals on our planet? Are you committed to working with communities to find solutions enabling people to live and prosper alongside nature? Are you tireless in your efforts to educate your friends, colleagues and the public to take action and protect wildlife? Do you want to meet and share ideas with like-minded young conservation leaders from around the planet, while seeing how real-world global policies are actually made? If yes, then apply for this!
International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) is currently inviting youth to join the first ever Youth Forum for People and Wildlife which will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa in September 2016. Successful applicants will need to demonstrate commitment to wildlife, environmental, conservation and/or sustainable community development issues to earn their place at the Forum from September 17-25, 2016.
Founded in 1969, IFAW rescues and protects animals around the world. With projects in more than 40 countries, IFAW rescues individual animals, works to prevent cruelty to animals, and advocates for the protection of wildlife and habitats.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 on 17 September 2016;
- Be willing and available to attend the entire Youth Forum in Johannesburg, South Africa, from September 17-25, 2016;
- Be able to read, understand and speak English proficiently, as determined by IFAW.
- In possession of a valid passport and fulfill all visa requirements for travel to South Africa for the Youth Forum.
- Be willing and able to commit to pre-and post-Youth Forum work requirements as outlined in the Addendum to the Application.
- Be willing and able to participate in media opportunities and promotion of the Youth Forum, such as by providing your photo, biography and quotes for use on our website and by other collaborating organizations.
- Be willing to execute a waiver form to be provided by IFAW; or if under the age of majority in their home country at the time of the Youth Forum to obtain their parent or guardian’s signature on a waiver form to be provided by IFAW.
- Be willing to agree and conform to a code of conduct during the Youth Forum to be provided by IFAW.
- Applicants can either apply online or download the application form through the website.
- The successful applicants will be selected and notified bythe end of January 2016 and will be required to submit biographical information with photos by mid-February 2016.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.Date: September 17-25, 2016. Are you a passionate conservationist aged 18-25 looking to ensure a future for animals on our planet? Are you committed to working with communities to find solutions enabling people to live and prosper alongside nature? Are you tireless in your efforts to educate your...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities