2016 International Assembly of Youth for UNESCO in Philippines
Deadline: August 31, 2016 | Views: 19,002
Location: Cebu City, Philippines.
Organizer: National Association of UNESCO Clubs in the Philippines, Inc.
The 2016 International Assembly of Youth for UNESCO (Y4U) aims to gather at least 300 youth organizations and leaders working on the ideals of UNESCO and provide an avenue for sharing of best practices, ideas and promote collaborations for the championing of SDGs at the grassroots level.
Y4U happening this 20-23 September 2016 aims to specifically:
- Initiate discussions on the sustainable development goals intertwined with the national, regional and global scenario;
- Craft assembly resolutions that are specific for each of UNESCO’s main lines of work and are focused on realistic and measurable initiatives in areas of education, science & technology, human & social sciences, culture, and information & communication;
- Provide avenue for sharing of best practices which organizations may emulate, innovate and/or adopt; as well as avenues for networking, academic and non-academic competitions, all towards improving camaraderie and social inclusion.
- leaders of youth action oriented or youth-led organizations anywhere in the world;
- Must be proficient in spoken English;
- Must be physically and mentally fit to join the conference;
- Have a deep interest and/or understanding on Sustainable Development Goals and UNESCO’s areas of work in education, science & technology, human & social sciences, culture, and information & communication;
- Available to participate in the entire conference during 20-23 September 2016 in Cebu Normal University, Cebu City, Philippines.
- International networking and benchmarking with youth-oriented organizations;
- Meeting experts relevant to SDGs;
- Getting your community development projects presented in an international conference.
- Pre-registration is required at www.unescoclubsph.org/y4u
- Once the form is submitted, you will be directed to the official Facebook event page for conference updates;
- Please check your email for further instructions and requirements.