4th ASEM Rectors’ Conference and Students’ Forum (ARC4)
Deadline: January 25, 2015 | Views: 4
Date: 23 – 27 March 2015.
Type: Fully Funded.
Themed “University-Business Partnerships: Asia and Europe Seeking 21st Century Solutions”, The ASEM Rectors’ Conference (ARC4) will address how universities can better cooperate with the business sector to equip students with employability skills, foster entrepreneurship, and create new learning environment through information and communication technologies.
A Students’ Forum will be held in conjunction with ARC4 under the identical theme. Discussing the same topics as Rectors’ from youth perspectives, the students from various ASEM countries will have the chance to present their opinions and suggestions face-to-face to the Rectors.
The ASEM Rectors’ Conference with the Students’ Forum as its integral part has become one of the initial commitments to the Global Action Programme on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) which is the successor to the United Nations Decade of ESD (2005-2014). It is one of the few existing large-scale inter-regional projects aimed at advancing ESD-related policies.
Financial Costs of Participation
- No registration/participation fees for the selected students
- Accommodation and meals will be provided during the Forum
- Full travel reimbursement for the most direct economical connection will be provided for participants based outside Hangzhou
Benefits of Participation
- Exchange views with peers from 51 countries in Asia and Europe
- Suggest solutions to issues on university-business partnerships affecting students
- Propose concrete measures to be presented at the ARC4 and ASEM ME5
- Gain valuable insights into the ASEM Education Process decision-making,
- Improe research, creative thinking, problem-solving and public speaking skills
- Citizen of any of the 51 ASEM member countries
- Currently-enrolled university student between 18 and 30 years old
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Willing and able to actively participate in the pre-event preparatory and post-event follow-up activities (online forum, collaterals, etc.)
- Participants will be selected based on their profile, motivation, as well as geographical and gender balance
Hosted by Zhejiang University, ARC4 is co-organised by ASEF, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. The International Association of Universities and the ASEAN University Network contribute as ARC4 partners, and Chulalongkorn University & the Office of Higher Education Commission of Thailand as supporters.http://www.youthop.com/conferences/4th-asem-rectors-conference-and-students-forum-arc4http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/arc4bgh.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/arc4bgh-300x300.jpgConferencesAsia Europe,China,Fully Funded,Student Conference