Zoom Young Filmmaker Award 2015
Deadline: February 10, 2015 | Views: 11
Date: 23rd – 27th March 2015
The ZOOM INTERNATIONAL YOUTH FILM FESTIVAL 2015 will be held in seven venues across the South Wales valleys, and alongside a diverse selection of films from around the world will run an exciting mix of innovative workshops and masterclasses. Every day of the festival expert tutors and award-winning filmmakers will deliver engaging and inspiring workshops including acting for screen, animation, low budget film making, make a film in a day, music video production and much more!
The festival is also now open for it’s young filmmaker entries. The Awards are designed to show the very best films made by children and young people. There is a dedicated film category and award for the best International film entry from the UK and internationally.
There will be 14 Awards, decided on by a panel of industry professionals and members of the Zoom youth jury.
• Best Film age category 8-13
• Best Film age category 14-18
• Best Film age category 19-25
• Best Performance
• Best International film( submitted from outside of Wales)
• Best Direction
• Best Animation age category 8-13
• Best Animation age category 14-18
• Best Animation age 19-25
• Best Documentary
• Best Experimental
• Best film not in the English Language (made in Wales)
• Best Music Video
• The Zoom Award
CRITERIA FOR APPLICATION:
1. Produced by children/ young people
By this we mean that the majority of the people involved in the production of the film must be aged 25 or under when the film was made. The young filmmakers must also not have received a formal education in filmmaking above further education level. Any questions please call Zoom 01443 888337.
2. Fiction, Animation, Documentary, Music Video, International, experimental, film not in the English language
3. No longer than 10 minutes
4. Made after January 2013
5. Please note all films submitted not in the English language will still be considered for all categories
How To Enter:
- Download the form and send the attached form and copy of your film to [email protected]
- The film will need to be formatted in quicktime H264 and best resolution
- You can send this via we transfer, you send it, dropbox or other file sharing websites. Even email is fine as long as the film is in the correct format.