Win a 10-day film-making Experience in Mexico!
Deadline: September 17, 2014 | Views: 11
Open to: film students or anyone trying to build a career in film-making.
Prize: a 10-day film-making assignment to San Luis Potosi, Mexico.
World Nomads is now offering a scholarship to travel movie amateurs filmmakers who are passionate about traveling. The winner of the scholarship will travel to the stunning region of San Luis Potosi to capture not only the vibrant Mexican culture, but also the local ‘Day of the Dead rituals and revelry. The selected filmmaker will be in Mexico from November 30-December 10, 2014 and will be mentored by veteran filmmaker and director, Brian Rapsey, who will help him to become a better storyteller.Under his mentorship the winner will shoot 4x three-minute travel Videos in Mexico about his experiences.
In order to be eligible you should:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the deadline, with a valid passport;
- Be a film student or someone seeking to develop their career as a film maker and / or presenter;
- Be able to obtain a Mexican Visa;
- Be available to be in Mexico from October 30-November 10;
- Be comfortable in front of the camera, sharing your emotions and opinions with the world;
- Be curious and inquisitive, interested in the lives of others, and always willing to interact with and learn from the locals;
- Be fit and healthy as moderate levels of physical work are involved.
The prize will include the following:
- A 10-day trip to San Luis Potosi, Mexico;
- Round- trip airfare to Mexico;
- 10-day professional mentorship from Brian Rapsey;
- Travel insurance for the duration of the trip;
- Rode Microphones gear: the Video Mic Pro with an XLR adapter, Smart Lion, Lavalier Mic, plus accessories.
In order to enter the competition you must:
- Create a 3-hour travel theme video in English. You should choose one of the following themes: a festival, road-trip, get cultured, seek adventure or a local legend;
- Upload your video in YouTube or Vimeo;
- Complete the application form after registering HERE.
- The deadline to apply is September 17 2014th Winners will be announced by 3 October 2014th.