Join the UN Youth Envoy + AIESEC #YouthNow Video Contest
Deadline: May 26, 2015 | Views: 47
Join the contest for a chance to have your video formally featured as part of the digital surge leading up to and during the High-Level Event of the General Assembly hosted at the United Nations headquarters in New York City (more about the High Level Event: www.un.org/pga/youth-wpay). The event will be attended by over 1,000 people from around the world, including Ministers and youth leaders! Your video can help inform the online conversation and will be tweeted formally from the UN Youth Envoy account.
What you need to answer in a short video [3 minutes maximum]:
- What are the most critical issues for youth in 2015?
- Why is youth development central to the global development agenda?
- What you think a solution(s) could be?
Post your video on any social media platform using the hashtag #YouthNow. The video can also include your personal action(s) or a project(s) to make a positive change for #YouthNow.
- Answer all three questions
- Videos can be made using a camera phone.
- Videos do not need to be professionally made.
- Limit is 3 minutes, however your video can be shorter.
- Videos if shared on Facebook, videos must have security featured set to “public” so we can track them.
All videos must be received by May 26, 2015
What winners get?
- A chance to influence a global conversation on youth development! The video will be featured on social media platforms leading up to and during the High-Level Event of the General Assembly at the United Nations headquarters in New York on 29 May 2015.
- Video will be featured across UN Youth Envoy and AIESEC websites, including social media channels of the UN and AIESEC.
Winners will be selected based upon:
- Strong message
- Original and creative
- Ability to inspire others and are action oriented
What’s the process and reward?
A selection committee containing representatives from AIESEC and the Office of the United Nations Envoy on Youth will review all videos and pick the top 3 submissions.
Submit videos by May 26, 2015 on Twitter, Facebook or YouTube with hashtag #YouthNow and submit your video here
- #YouthNow campaign: www.un.org/pga/youth
- High-Level Event of the General Assembly: www.un.org/pga/youth-wpay
- AIESEC YouthSpeak movement: www.youthspeak.aiesec.org
- AIESEC and United Nations relationship: here