Handprint Challenge: Sustainability Challenge for Colleges in Asia-Pacific
Deadline: August 28, 2014 | Views: 7
The South Asia Youth Environment Network (SAYEN) engaging young people in environmental activities has announced Handprint Challenge for colleges in Asia-Pacific. The primary aim of the challenge to promote sustainability in college students across Asia and the Pacific. The major objective of the challenge is to create awareness in the field of sustainable development and motivate youth to live in a sustainable manner. Projects and programs related to research, energy conservation, pollution prevention and wise water usage are some of the examples of sustainable campus projects.
- The interested students should form teams (maximum 10 members per team), identify sustainability issues on their campus and propose an action plan that they will be implementing in the upcoming months.
- Top teams will be given a seed funding of US$750 each to implement their action plans and carry out sustainability activities in campus. Implementation period is maximum 75 days.
- The reports from these teams will be uploaded and updated on the SAYEN website and their profiles on the contest page.
- Teams with the largest Handprint in their region will be selected as winners.
- Individual pages featuring the projects on the SAYEN website
- $750 each Seed Fund to 20 top teams for implementing the project
- $500 to 4 winners (one from each region) to continue the project
- Handprint Flag – to the winners
- Applicants must be from one of the following countries – Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cook Islands, Fiji, Iran, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Niue, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Samoa, South Korea, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam
- Applicant should be genuine student enrolled/registered for a degree or diploma at a recognized academic institution.
- Applicant’s academic course must be at least one year of academic duration and her/his examination must be conducted by the university.
- Students enrolled/registered in Students of Open Universities and Institutes of Open Learning and Correspondence Course Institutes of Universities are not eligible to participate.
- Applicant must be not less than 17 and not more than 24 years of age as on 1 July 2014.