Forbes Under 30 Summit: $1million Change the World Competition 2016 in USA
Deadline: September 6, 2016 | Views: 4,887
The Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2016 Forbes Under 30 Change the World Competition. This is the largest-ever competition for young social entrepreneurs, funding those disruptive and scalable ideas that address global challenges.
The Foundation is excited to partner with Forbes again to bring you the Under 30 $1 Million Change the World Competition! The competition is open to non-profit and for-profit leaders making waves in education reform and social entrepreneurship. In other words, YOU!
There are two ways—worth up to $500,000 each—for trailblazers like you to get in on the action:
- The non-profit competition is designed for US-based education entrepreneurs running programs intended to close the education gap, transform school systems and dramatically improve teacher development and student outcomes.
- The for-profit competition is designed for social entrepreneurs and for-profit companies piloting innovative programs that tackle intractable global challenges.
The combined $1 million prize package will be awarded to eight finalists during the Forbes Under 30 Summit October 16-19 in Boston. Eight finalists, four from the for-profit and four from the non-profit competitions will compete on stage and pitch their businesses during the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Boston, which will take place October 16-19, 2016.
- For-Profit Competition – The winning company will receive a cash award of $200,000 USD while each of the three runners up will receive $25,000. Forbes is offering $225,000 in an in-kind media grant bring the total prize in this category to $500,000 USD.
- Nonprofit Competition – The overall winner will receive $50,000 while each of the three runners up will receive $25,000. Forbes is offering $375,000 in an in-kind media grant bring the total prize in this category to $500,000 USD.
- Active social entrepreneurs who are under the age of 30 at the time of the competition (i.e., born after October 20, 1986) and are founders, co-founders or top executives of their organizations;
- Entrepreneurs who are based:
- In the United States (non-profit track only); or
- Anywhere in the world (for-profit track only).
- Those who are already actively engaged in a social enterprise—this is not a business plan contest, but one that will reward and accelerate those entrepreneurs already making a difference.
- This challenge seeks innovative models that attack big problems with solutions that are scalable.
- The competition is looking for exceptional teams executing bold ideas with the potential to make a huge impact.
Complete your online application on YouNoodle.
All submissions will be screened by Boston College, and the eight finalists will compete onstage during the Forbes Under 30 Summit in Boston, which will take place October 16-19, 2016.http://www.youthop.com/competitions/forbes-under-30-summit-1million-change-the-world-competition-2016-in-usahttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Forbes-Under-30-Summit_1-million-Change-the-World-Competition-2016-in-USA.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Forbes-Under-30-Summit_1-million-Change-the-World-Competition-2016-in-USA-150x150.jpgCompetitions