Call for Entries: Plural+ Youth Video Contest
Deadline: May 29, 2016 | Views: 1,703
PLURAL+ Youth Video Festival is a joint initiative of the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) that invites the world’s youth to submit original and creative videos focusing on the themes of migration, diversity and social inclusion. By supporting the distribution of youth-produced media, PLURAL+ recognizes youth as powerful agents of positive social change in a world often characterized by intolerance, and cultural and religious divisions.
The winner of each PLURAL+ International Jury Award winner will be invited to New York, with airfare and hotel accommodation paid, to present their work at the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony at the Paley Center for Media in the fall of 2016.
- Entrants to PLURAL+ must be of maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+.
- People appearing in the video do not have to be youth. However the videos must reflect the youth’s opinions or reflections about migration, diversity and social inclusion.
- Multiple youth may work together to make one video, as long as all members of the group are maximum 25 years of age at the time of the production of the video submitted to PLURAL+.
- Only minimal roles of any adults (over the age of 25) involved in the making of the video (e.g. educators, teachers, instructors, etc.) is acceptable (group coordination, technical support, renting equipment, etc.). It is understood that particularly for the age group of up to 12 years, educators could have a more substantial role in the production of the video.
- If multiple youth work together on one video then the video will be judged in the age category of the entrant who has a primary role in the creation of the video.
- Immediate family members (siblings, children and grandchildren) of IOM, UNAOC and the jurors for the PLURAL+ Video Festival are not eligible to enter.
- All videos should be submitted as a file (preferably as “.mov”) via a file hosting website like dropbox.com, WeTransfer, Google Drive, etc. The entrant may also choose to mail a DVD of the video entry to PLURAL+ mailing address.
- Videos that are not in English must have English subtitles.
- All videos must be five (5) minutes maximum of running time, including title and end credits.
Videos must pertain to the topics of migration, diversity, social inclusion, and related topics.
- up to 12 years old
- 13 to 17 years old
- 18 to 25 years old
* The 3 winners of the PLURAL+ JURY AWARD will each receive US$1,000 after the PLURAL+ 2016 Awards Ceremony
- Winning videos will receive broad recognition and exposure through wide multi-platform distribution of their work, including broadcast, satellite, internet, film festivals and possibly DVD.
- Winning entrants will be notified no later than 15 August 2016.
- A prestigious international jury will announce the winners in New York during an event hosted at the Paley Center for Media in the Fall of 2016 in New York.
Visit the official page for more details and guidelines to submit your video.