Become ADB Youth Ambassador for Gender Equality
Deadline: March 31, 2016 | Views: 589
Do you have what it takes to be an ‘SDG 5 Youth Ambassador’? On your Facebook page, post a photo of your version of a high five and a caption explaining how you will support SDG 5 – gender equality and empowerment for all women and girls – with the hashtag #Hi5forSDG5.
SDG 5 or the ‘Gender Goal’ is the fifth of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in September 2015 to direct the global development agenda for the next 15 years. SDG 5 aims to ‘achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls’ by 2030.
The Asia and Pacific region has the largest number of young people, with 750 million aged 15 to 24 years. This is a call to all of you, young women and men. You are shaping the future of our region and have a very important role to play in supporting SDG 5 and realizing the Gender Goal. We want you to think about SDG 5 and what YOU can do to make it a reality.
Open to all young women and men aged 18 to 25 years old who are from ADB member countries.
ADB personnel and their direct family members are not eligible to compete. However, they are encouraged to take part in the social media campaign and help reaching out to youth in their country.
ADB Competition Rules:
- A photo of you (and others) high-fiving for SDG 5 in a way that shows your support for the Gender Goal.
- Add a caption, in English, of one sentence with 1 action that YOU personally commit to take to support SDG 5.
- They are looking for pictures that are original and clearly show your ‘hi 5’ and your support for SDG 5.
- Submit as many photos and captions as you would like from your phone, camera, or other device.
- Photos can be portrait or landscape in orientation, colored or monochrome; should have no watermark.
- Photos must be new photos, taken by you, and not published in a formal way before.
- No entries using advertising, inappropriate images, or that violate any laws are allowed.
How to submit the photo:
- Post your photograph and caption on your own Facebook page with the tag #Hi5forSDG5. The privacy setting of your post must be Public otherwise ADB will not be able to see your photograph.
- They encourage you to like ADB’s Gender Equality in Asia and the Pacific Facebook page. Selected entries will be posted there during the competition. The album of winners will also appear on the Facebook page.
- ADB will disqualify from the competition any photos it deems inappropriate.
Submit your photo with caption any time between 00:01 Manila time on 1 March, 2016 and midnight Manila time on 31 March, 2016.
The winners will be announced on 15 April, 2016.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
ADB will take the 30 photos that have captions with the most likes on their own Facebook page. A panel consisting of ADB media, gender and NGO Center experts will select the best three as winners. Decisions cannot be appealed.
The 3 winners will each be awarded the title of ‘ADB Youth Ambassador for SDG 5’ and will be invited to participate in an international conference as a youth resource person with travel and local costs paid by ADB.
Do you have what it takes to be an ‘SDG 5 Youth Ambassador’? On your Facebook page, post a photo of your version of a high five and a caption explaining how you will support SDG 5 - gender equality and empowerment for all women and girls - with...[email protected]AdministratorYouth Opportunities