The Leading Change Journalism Bursary 2016
Deadline: February 28, 2016 | Views: 97
Five Leading Change Journalism Bursaries will be awarded to one young person aged 18-30 in each Commonwealth region, who is keen to develop their journalism skills and experience while building a portfolio.
Up for grabs in 2016 is up to £900 for each of five Commonwealth regions; Africa, Asia, Canada and Europe, Caribbean and Americas and Pacific. We use the regional groupings of Commonwealth Writers.
To be considered for the bursary, tell us how you would use the money to create content for Leading Change – whether it’s written articles, photo-journalism, radio or video content. You can send your pitch in any format – from a Word doc to a short video.
It may help to bear in mind the following questions when you pitch:
- What are the stories you’d like to cover?
- Who are the people you’d like to feature?
- Which places are you reporting from – and how will you give a sense of those places to people who’ve never been there?
- How many stories can you produce, in what format and at what intervals between March and December 2016?
- Why would these stories be interesting to young leaders in the Commonwealth?
- What could people learn from these stories? And how might they inspire their audience?
- What is the total bursary amount you are applying for and the breakdown of use?
Send your pitch in an email with the subject ‘Leading Change Journalism Bursary’ to [email protected].http://www.youthop.com/awards/the-leading-change-journalism-bursary-2016http://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Leading-Change-Journalism-Bursary-2016.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/The-Leading-Change-Journalism-Bursary-2016-150x150.jpgAwards