The International Children’s Peace Prize 2016 is Accepting Nominations
Deadline: March 24, 2016 | Views: 212
Each year the winner of the International Children’s Peace Prize is selected from nominations from all over the world. Inform them about the children you meet and work with and whom you feel might be a good candidate for this prize! Nominate before March 24th 2016!
Any person or organisation may nominate a child for review by the Expert Committee. To nominate a child a nomination form must be filled. All nominations should comply with the following requirements:
- An individual boy or girl (groups of children will not be considered);
- Above 12 years and under 18 years of age; (the child should not be older than 17 years by the time of the nomination deadline)
- From all over the world;
- The child must have a clear history of standing up and fighting for the rights of him/herself and other children.
- It is important that the child has an active approach in accomplishing this goal, which has led to a concrete result;
- Ability to travel abroad and feeling comfortable communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to being nominated for the International Children’s Peace Prize
The International Children’s Peace Prize is awarded annually to an exceptional child, whose courageous or otherwise remarkable actions have made a difference in improving children’s rights, which helps children worldwide. The motivation behind the prize is to provide a platform to children to express their ideas and personal involvement in children’s rights. KidsRights feels that children should be recognized, awarded and motivated in their fierce efforts to improve their own situation and that of the children in their environment and even the world.
The winner receives the statuette ‘Nkosi’, which shows how a child sets the world in motion. The winner also receives a study and care grant and a worldwide platform to promote his or her ideals and causes to the benefit of children’s rights. Furthermore, a project fund of €100,000 is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely connected to the winners’ area of work in the country of the winner.
Nominations must be submitted online.http://www.youthop.com/awards/the-international-childrens-peace-prize-2016-is-accepting-nominationshttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/The-International-Childrens-Peace-Prize-2016-is-Accepting-Nominations.jpghttp://www.youthop.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/The-International-Childrens-Peace-Prize-2016-is-Accepting-Nominations-150x150.jpgAwards