The Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is Now Open
Deadline: October 30, 2015 | Views: 37
Ericsson Innovation Awards 2016 is an open competition for students all around the world that gives the opportunity to develop innovative ICT ideas in collaboration with Ericsson experts.
The theme for EIA 2016 is the future of city life. The competition is therefore focused on ideas that use ICT to improve the quality of urban life and to ensure that tomorrow’s cities are creative, connected and sustainable places to live and work.
EIA 2016 is open to teams of two to four students. After registration closes on November 30, 2015, ten semi-finalists will be announced on December 18, 2015. Nine of the semi-finalists will be selected by an Ericsson jury, with the remaining place assigned by a public vote.
The cash prizes are just one aspect of winning the Ericsson Innovation Awards this year: there are important career-enhancing incentives on offer too
- First prize: EUR 25,000
- Second prize: EUR 15,000
- Third prize: EUR 1,000
- Fourth prize: EUR 1,000
All finalists and semi-finalists will be given the opportunity to be interviewed for a possible internship or position at Ericsson.
- To be eligible to be part of a team participating in the student category – such person (“student”) shall be a student of higher vocational and academic studies.
- A student may be prohibited/suspended from participating in the contest if Ericsson, at its sole discretion, reasonably believes that such party has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by, inter alia, cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices, providing false or misleading information, or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other participants in the contest, Ericsson or associated agencies, or if the student infringes any intellectual property right.
- Each student must have reached legal age of majority in the country in which he/she is residing.
- A student may not be resident in Puerto Rico, Quebec in Canada or in any other country where prohibited by applicable law. Ericsson reserves the right – at any time – to exclude countries if in Ericsson’s opinion there are or may be any kind of legal obstacles to participation, with the consequence that any team member residing in such country will be automatically suspended from the contest.
- Employees of any company within the Ericsson Group and/or their immediate family members are not entitled to participate in the contest.